CARING, CONNECTING, CONTRIBUTING
SVSSP EVENTS FOR JULY 2018
(for any questions regarding events, call 715-778-5800)
· SENIORS LUNCH: Every week Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday – 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Sneakers. If you need a ride call 715-778-5800.
· CRAFT CIRCLE: Monday, July 2th @ 2:30 p.m. Meet at the Staying Put office, S312 McKay St., for time to socialize and work on fun craft projects. CALL FOR A RESERVATION – 715-778-5800.
· DANCE CLUB: Wednesday, July 18th. 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Moose Lodge in Menomonie ($5/person cover charge). Live entertainment…. Lots of fun! Call 715-778-5800 for updates and for a ride. Drivers needed… call 715-778-5800.
· WALKING CLUB: Call 715-778-5800 to set up a walking time, or to get the contact info for other walkers.
· GENTLE CHAIR FITNESS: Monday July 9, and July 23. 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. at St. John’s Lutheran Church – A relaxed and casual way to try out and learn low-intensity stretches and movements, all without leaving your seat! Learn different exercises from yoga and tai chi as well as breathing exercises. CALL 715-778-5800 TO REGISTER.
· BOOKS-to-GO CLUB: Volunteers will deliver a basket of books or movies to you for your reading/watching pleasure. For more information call SV Library 715-778-4590 or Staying Put office 715-778-5800.
· TECH WORKSHOP: One-on-one smart phone and tablet sessions. Must call for appointment, 715-778-5800.
· MEMORY CAFÉ: A social get-together for older adults. Tuesdays: July 10th and 24th. Anyone with memory loss is invited to attend with a friend or companion. Have fun and share stories. Enjoy coffee or tea and treats. From 10:00 AM to at
Senior Meal Program at Sneakers/Spring Valley
11:00 - 1:00
one Wednesday each month
1:00 - 4:00
Call (715) 778-5800
for more details.
STAYING PUT SUMMER & FALL FITNESS FUN
Staying Put is launching various fitness level sessions in Spring Valley…
geared to age 55 and better … or physically limited individuals.
Monday, June 25, July 9, July 23, August 6
9:30 am–10:30 am @ St. John’s Lutheran Church
Gentle chair exercises: led by a Staying Put volunteer
A relaxed and casual way to try out and learn low-intensity stretches and movements, all without leaving your seat! Learn different exercises from yoga and tai chi as well as breathing exercises.
REGISTRATION REQUIRED – no fees
To register, for a ride, or to become a client: call 715-778-5800
UW Extension program
Coordinated by Staying Put for SV, Co-sponsored by Pierce County ADRC
July & August: orientations, evaluations, signups
September: Sessions begins
Whole body strengthening/gentle aerobics/ hand & leg weight use
Certified Instructor from Staying Put/ Registration required/fee
Geared towards 55+ and individuals with physical limitations
A low intensity, Latin based dance fitness class
Licenced instructor ... also a volunteer with Staying Put
Geared towards 55+ and individuals with injuries
A blend of concepts, including the use of somatics (body focus), therapeutic yoga, breath work, meditation, and tying it all back to classic yoga postures adapted for seated postures.
Certified instructor & P.A./registration required/fee
Geared to 55+ and individuals with physical limitations
For questions, or to register for any of the above: